Monday 23 May 2011

Flowing Chi Beginnings . . .

I’ve been thinking about starting a blog for a while.
Lots of changes have been happening for me in the last year, since I started working hard on my health and personal development with the help of ND Amanda Gammage at Peace Clinic of Naturopathic Medicine (http://www.peace-clinic-of-naturopathic-medicine.com/index.html).  Amanda suggested a nutritional approach to healing myself of fibromyalgia and arthritis, and I have followed it closely.  This has resulted in weight loss and more importantly, loss of pain.  Whereas a year ago, any standing or walking caused burning pain in my calves, I can now do the entire 24 form three times through!  I also walk frequently with my husband and my dogs.  Pain levels in my whole body are much lower, my thinking is not as foggy, and I am MUCH happier!
Also important in my road to health and well being has been twice weekly practice of Tai Chi Quan with Tammy Bilodeau, and amazing instructor who teaches the 24 form of Tai Chi as well as Qi Gong, Bagwa and sword and sabre forms of Tai Chi.   I also follow the work of Donna Eden and David Feinstein, PhD, who teach Energy Medicine and Energy Psychology.  http://www.amazon.ca/Energy-Medicine-Donna-Eden/dp/1585426504/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1305930114&sr=8-1http://www.amazon.ca/Promise-Energy-Psychology-David-Feinstein/dp/1585424420/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1305930143&sr=1-1.
Can’t forget the loving support of my dear husband, David, and my loving family, as well as the acceptance and affection I have received from close friends and other friends especially in the Fort St John Arts community.  Also, the completely constant love I receive from my two miniature long-haired dachshunds, Java Jive and Chai Latte, who bring adorable cuteness to every day!
So, today all is well and I hope to use these pages to a) chronicle my path to healing in order to support and inspire others; b) take notes as I learn to link the flow of chi more directly with my creative and healing practices and c) invite others to walk the path with me.
Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment