Monday 23 May 2011

The Empathic Society


Listening to Jeremy Rifkin on Youtube, thanks to a link from Troy Baskott via Armin Jezari; I’ve heard it before, but with my focus re-riveted on thoughts of developing workshops to help communities and groups and individuals with change, creativity, becoming learning organizations and so on, this clip will be really useful.

I’ve placed the link to purchase the book The Empathic Civilization: The Race To Global Consciousness In A World In Crisis by Jeremy Rifkin on my Kobo e-reading list. I am really enjoying e-reading these days and my kids are getting me a Kobo e-reader so I will be able to read outdoors as well as indoors; but unfortunately no-one has come up with a way to safely e-read in the bath.
Unfortunately there are no Jeremy Rifkin books available on Audible. I really love to listen to this kind of positive information while I am artmaking. This infuses the art in some way with a different kind of life, perhaps be activating a higher motive or something.
Recently I have been listening to Mario Martinez, The Mind-Body Code; How the Mind Wounds and Heals the Body. Martinez is in the elite group of psycho-neuro-immunologists, scientists from a range of disciplines who have rejected the lines between realms, between body – mind- spirit, and are seeking to find the ways our thinking becomes embodied, and how our bodies can be brought to our aid in changing our thinking. This work derives from and builds upon the massive work that has been done in cognitive therapy, where the ways the mind can be harnessed to change the reactions of the body have been explored. It goes beyond the limitations of cognitive behavioural therapies, however, by acknowledging the ways the thinking is not only expressed in bodily form, but also techniques for disembodyingthought patterns through meditation, massage and energy healing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7AWnfFRc7g&feature=relmfu&wl_token=MjIvJrfHO1Qb_8K_kY1q8fPlBwN8MTMwNjE3NDAzNUAxMzA2MDg3NjM1&wl_id=l7AWnfFRc7g
http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/ebooks/search/?keywords=jeremy+rifkin&pageSize=12

No comments:

Post a Comment